Appeal for Photographs & Information
The Fallen Heroes of Normandy wish to appeal for the following:
- Photographs of any individual who fell in the Second World War and are now buried or memorialised in Normandy.
- Photographs of their original cross grave markers.
- Photographs of any Normandy cemeteries from between 1944 and 1970.
- Photographs of any veterans or relatives paying their respects to the fallen in Normandy.
- Copies of any documents or letters relating to those who fell in Normandy.
- Additional information relating to individuals who fell in Normandy.
INFORMATION NOT REQUIRED
- Data already available from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission, Battle Monuments Commission or other official organisations is not required.
- Photographs of the cemeteries or headstone as they are today (unless they include relatives or veterans paying their respects) are also not required.
All information and photographs submitted and used on the Fallen Heroes of Normandy website and memorial pages will duly acknowledge the contributor(s).
Please email information or images to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or post copies to
Please DO NOT post any original documents, unless you wish for the Fallen Heroes of Normandy project to care for these documents in perpetuity, as we are unable to return any items donated.
All correspondence will be acknowledged, but due to the volume of mail we receive, please allow up to 12 weeks for a reply.
Fallen Heroes of Normandy Project Coordinator